Purrel Fränkel (1976)

Purrel Fränkel (8 October 1976) was a Surinamese male putter who played for Vitesse and as 'Superboer' at De Graafschap. Has the dubious honor of having ever set a record by finding the net after just 19 seconds, behind his own keeper.

Defender Fränkel played in his youth for the Amsterdam clubs Osdorp and Amstelland, after which he made his debut in professional football at Telstar in 1995. He was a basic player at Telstar for three seasons and left for De Graafschap for the first time in 1998. In his first season in the Eredivisie, he played sixteen games. In the seasons that followed, he became a fixture with 'the super farmers'. In 2002, Vitesse took over Fränkel, with whom he played European football in his first year.

In 2003 Fränkel made it to the record books by scoring in his own goal after nineteen seconds in the match against FC Twente. At the time, this was the fastest own goal in the history of the Eredivisie. His record was 'improved' three years later by Arnold Kruiswijk, who needed nine seconds. With his 172 centimeters, Purrel was one of the smallest players and therefore had to rely on his speed and intransigence.As a result, he played, always as a fixed value, but nice 474 matches in professional football, in which he managed to find the net nine times, behind the opponent's goalkeeper.

Fränkel was rented out to his former club De Graafschap on the last transfer day on August 31, 2007. The left back himself announced that he was relieved to be rid of his then trainer Aad de Mos. Although De Mos left at the end of the 2007/08 season, Fränkel did not return and stayed with De Graafschap. Trotter Fränkel once injured his toe because of a washing machine on it.

On March 2, 2009, Fränkel was suspended for one month by the KNVB for doping. He was caught using marijuana on December 21, 2008.  On April 29, 2012, he was taken into custody for driving a car in May 2010 while disqualified from driving. For this he was sentenced to a fine of 900 euros and fifteen days in prison, which he had not yet served. He threatened to miss the last two matches for De Graafschap.

However, on May 1, he was released after a request from his lawyer and his sentence was suspended. However, he did not play in the game against SBV Excelsior on May 2 and was again taken into custody on May 3 to serve the remainder of his sentence.

July 16, 2012 we were able to report via Twitter that Fränkel had stopped. He didn't feel like professional football anymore and joined fourth division VV Duno, seven steps lower.

Are you talking about Purrel Fränkel, are you talking about own goals but on the other hand he could do it too ..:

Geef een antwoord

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *